Friday, May 16, 2008

Why Christian?

I dabbled with religion all the way through high school and college. I was interested in EVERY religion other than Christianity. Christianity just seemed the most idiotic and illogical. (I see now that my view was very tarnished by propaganda thinking considering every major religion focuses on faith rather than logic.) I got very into philosophy during college and became really disenfranchised with all religions. (Think Marx and the whole "opiate of the masses" argument)

I decided to stop searching and considered myself to be atheist. Didn't start looking again until God showed me that it wasn't so much about me finding my own answers as it was allowing myself to be guided by his.

I still question eveything. LOL God just "grew" me that way. But, I have had enough experiences now that I don't really question my faith to the point of unbelief. Faith isn't about knowing all the answers, it's about believing when you don't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome post and so true. I'm glad you found your way.