Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 Degrees of Jenny

I work with Jenny. She's a nice girl. She is also relationally inbred. I overlook this little fact because she IS such a nice girl....well, I DID overlook it. But now she has invaded my life and has started her inbreeding within my family unit. I'm not down with that....not at all.

Evidently, Greek organizations (in your adult years) are the ties that bind and gag. Jenny and her husband have a small select group of friends (frat and sorority) that all intermingle and cohabitate....which leads me to refer to her "friendships" as "inbreeding". She doesn't mean to (I don't think) and she's a really outgoing girl. So, why do all of their friends travel in a pack? Why don't they date outside the circle? Why is EVERYONE in the state somehow friends with or dating friends of Jenny? And most importantly....WHY IS MY COUSIN'S PICTURE IN HER CAMERA!?!?!

That's right. She's expanded her little clan circle to include my family members! While looking over some of her pictures from a recent shower, I stopped short after realizing that my cousin was involved in her weekend tom-foolery. After her repeated cries of ....."SHUT UP" ceased, I determined that it was indeed my cousin Amy and that I had fallen victim to the "Jenny trap".

I guess it's ok. Unless Amy starts wearing cast off costumes from Little House on the Prairie and asking to marry another man in addition to my cousin Chad.

No comments: