Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sometimes, its up to us.

So, the queen of personal responsibility is having issues with.......personal responsibility. Crazy, huh? As I've gotten older, I think I have been sucessful in taking a lot of responsibility for my life. I struggled through college and took the job I didn't want, to eventually get the job I do. I am fiscally responsible and live pretty well below my means. My spending is always tempered with my saving. I try to cultivate a home of grace and peace (failing miserably most of the time) and take care to instill in my children the awesome opportunity that responsibility presents.

So where's the breakdown? What area have I not taken by the horns and given an ol' college try? Church Leadership. Over the last several years, while growing deeper in my faith, I've really wanted to step into women's leadership more at our church. So, what is my tactic? No tactic. None. In fact, so far all I have done is sit around and pout that I haven't been given more opportunities.

We're like that with the things of God, aren't we? The rest of the world might tremble in our wake, but we are plagued with the inability to move in and take possession of the work that God has for us. We let our feelings of inferiority, our pride, our distraction...just about anything keep us from stepping out and holding ourselves responsible.

How is that an assertive person can be so effective following their personal path, yet fail so miserably to make headway on a God ORDAINED path?

No comments: